I know that we are full of ourselves, but every once in a while we pull our lips off of our own asses long enough to see that people have mentioned us. When this happens, we are forced by the code of the internet to give a link back/shout out to the people who show us love.
PODCASTS WE LOVE
- THE NERDCAST | A weekly podcast about all things nerdy. Hosted by @Slim and @DuBiLL, they are a perfect blend of funny and awesome. Go for the snarky commentary, stay for the nerdy news nuggets and fresh closer music at the end of every episode.
- 8-BIT DAIRYLAND | Alex and Mark talk about a lot of nerdy shit. In the past, this has taken place at cocktail parties, movie viewings, sock-hops, bar mitzvahs–generally, places where somebody was scowling at them as they ignored a room full of people to swap 16-bit war stories and ruminate on our latest gadget purchases. In short, 8-bit Dairyland isn’t so much a podcast as it is a last-ditch effort to vent their fawning nerd love into MP3 files so that their friends will stay on speaking terms with them.
- DO NOTHING BUT READ | A young librarian (our buddy and sometimes guest host of the podcast Amanda) is joined by a guy with hundreds of dollars in library late fees to discuss books and book culture.
BLOGS WE LOVE
- SOJU COCKTAIL | Shane (sometimes guest host) and Rose (super fan) are spending a year in South Korea! Soju Cocktail follows their exploits in the land of the rising Won.
- THE DAILY DOYLE | Written by Hayley Doyle, the Daily Doyle is her personal blog in which she reviews things of any kind she wants as well as sharing thoughts on things that she enjoys. Show her some love!
- TVLIT | Emmy Giovanni writes about television as a literary device. She analyzes shows on the merit of their writing, production, and characters. How often does do you really think in depth about the television that you watch? Now you have someone to do it for you.
- THE UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE GRAD | Swimmers love us, apparently! Nikki Franz chronicles her life outside of college. Her interests include green beans, baseball, and us.
- MANY MUMBLING MUSINGS | Mumbles McGoo himself, Andy Kitslaar, doesn’t just spend his time calling into the show to tell us how wrong we are and how much he loves chick flicks. He also writes a blog! Check it out!
- NETFLIX STREAMING – THE HIDDEN GEMS OF NETFLIX! | NetflixStreaming was created as a comprehensive outlet for customers of the Netflix company to easily find out what is worth watching, specifically with their Internet-tailored “Netflix Watch Instant” service.
- GAINFULLY SOMETHING | Amanda is in her late 20s, she lives in the Midwest, and has had her master’s in Library Studies for two years. She’s been unemployed for about a year. It’s not fun (most of the time)… so she is sharing her journey.
ARTISTS WE LOVE
- BETHANY RAHN | Bethany gets much of the props for a lot of the graphics and photographs on this site. She is a Madison-area type-enthusiast, print artist, photographer and designer. Please take some time to check out her portfolio.
- THE BEN RIPANI MUSIC CO. | We are big fans of this Chicago-based band. They are good friends of the show and have had their music featured on our podcast. We know they are going to hit it big one of these days and we are proud to know them. Please check out their great music.